Landlord fined for failing to carry out gas safety checksPublished: 21 October, 2015
A landlord has been fined after a defective gas appliance put tenants at risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
Ashby Bedeau had a gas hob, cooker and boiler under contract from a gas provider at the property in Rutland Road, Bedford, but had not had the hob gas safety checked in January 2015, as required by law.
In February 2015 his tenants felt unwell and contacted the gas helpline, Luton Magistrates’ Court heard.
The engineer that attended the property found carbon monoxide to be present and stopped the property’s gas supply.
The hob was subsequently found to be defective and classified as immediately dangerous.
Ashby Bedeau, of Bedford, admitted breaching Regulation 36(2)(a) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, and was fined £265 with costs of £845.
Boilers & Central Heating Installation
Central Heating Repair
INTERGAS Boilers Installation
Gas Safety Certificate CP12
Gas Appliances Installation
Landlords & Agents
Home Buyers Report
Boilers Repairs Emergency call out service in London
Aga Repair & Rayburn Repair & Service
Which Boiler & Boiler Types